Internet Marketing Strategy
Direction for your web marketing to help get you noticed online
Developing a website is one thing, it will provide a presence, but a website should be part of your overall internet marketing strategy. Like other aspects of marketing strategy, you should be considering your key messages, your target audience and how, when and where you will communicate these messages to them.
Your internet marketing strategy should look at all aspects of your company's web marketing presence. A website should be seen as a dynamic activity, not as a one-off exercise, like developing a company brochure. Ongoing online competitor analysis and Google Analytics should help inform your web marketing and help you to update and keep your site live.
Usability studies and Google Analytics are just two of many online web marketing tools that can help you assess if you site is working in the best possible way for you.
An internet marketing strategy will help you to develop and maintain a high presence in search engine rankings and inform the direction for your search engine optimisation activity. Identifying key words that are relevant to your target audience can be adopted in the web structure and developed within the text on a page. Copywriting for a website is not the same as copywriting for a brochure.
At Win Marketing, we have been developing websites for over 17 years, since the early commercial adoption of online brochure sites became popular.
Since then, we have worked with many clients to develop their online and internet marketing strategy covering aspects including the structure of a website, competitive advantage, search engine optimisation, online Public Relations and social media marketing.
Developing your internet marketing strategy
Like any marketing and business strategy, you should develop your objectives, the reasons you want to implement an internet marketing strategy.
Internet marketing objectives are likely to include:
- Increase visitors to the website
- Increase general brand awareness of your organisation
- Increase third party credibility
- Sustain relationships and increase the levels of engagement with your audience
- Listen to what is being said about your industry, your brand and your competitors online
- Analyse and become more informed of your market
- Develop new ‘fans’ or advocates of your company
- Join communities that advocate your products (and those of your competitors)
- Help you develop additional keywords and tags for your website
- Sell products and services directly online via your website
Digital Marketing Audits to Understand your Web Presence
Conduct an audit to understand and evaluate the effectiveness of your digital marketing including:
- Websites - your current one and your competitors
- Social media activity
Issues which should be evaluated include:
- Call to action
- Frequency of activity
Win Marketing offers a FREE website analysis for organisations looking to understand how their website could be working better for them
Completing a digital marketing audit provides valuable information to help determine your digital marketing strategy.
An internet marketing strategy should seek to provide answers to the following questions:
- Who is your target audience?
- Who are your competitors - how do you compare? How could you gain competitive advantage?
- What information should you share?
- Why will people trust you?
- What will be the content to demonstrate you are the expert?