Developing your marketing plan to maximise business opportunities
Having conducted a marketing audit and market research, you will be aware of the opportunities and threats facing your organisation.
However, a marketing audit will only highlight issues and not change anything. A strategic business plan or marketing plan will provide the direction for a company to maximise these opportunities and minimise the threats.
How can Win Marketing help develop your marketing plan?
Win Marketing offers clients support in developing their business plans and develops marketing plans offering practical, creative direction to achieve your corporate objectives. Areas covered in a strategic marketing plan include:
- Confirmation of where your business is now, using the findings from a marketing audit.
- Recommendations of where the business needs to be, helping clients to set their business objectives and clarification of the opportunities to pursue.
- Segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Clarifying the different profile of audiences the company should target
- What positioning the company and its products or services should take in the market place
- What the core approach should be in the market place and what marketing messages should be used
- Outlining recommendations regarding branding to help differentiate and distinguish your company
- The 7Ps of marketing and how these can be used to gain competitive advantage
- Products or services you offer in the market and how these could be developed
- Pricing of your products and services and what is appropriate in your market
- Place or distribution of your products or services and where you should be selling your products and services
- Physical evidence – the experience your customers have of your brand and your service and how this could be improved
- People – who represent your brand and your service and what additional support and training they may need
- Processes – that you currently adopt and how these can be enhanced to increase sales and maintain customer relationships
- Promotion – the marketing promotion and marketing communications tactics you will need to implement to meet your objectives
- Monitoring and control
The marketing plan will outline recommendations for monitoring the effectiveness of the activities, ensuring the plan stays on track to meet your business objectives. Activities, timescales and budgets will be provided in a spreadsheet allowing clients to discuss and confirm as relevant.
In developing the marketing plan, specific tools which may be used include:
- Ansoff Matrix
- Planning Gap
- BostonConsulting Group Matrix
- SWOT analysis
- PESTLE analysis
If you are interested in Win Marketing providing support with strategic marketing, business plans or developing a marketing plan please contact us or phone +44(0)1509 265890.